There are different studies that show various opportunities for improvements in energy efficiency especially in the industrial sector. The measures of the conservation of energy are general but highly cost-effective. Often times it happens that the owners of the industrial factories are not aware of the possibilities of improvement in energy consumption and so the energy audit is like a guideline to discover the ways to save energy track the progress, help in prioritization of projects and making a system of adjustments after investments. The industrial energy audit is actually a process which makes the raw materials possible and saves the energy.
Why is Audit Required?
The demand for energy efficiency is increasing due to global competition, integration and regulation in carbon emission. Therefore, it has become essential to conduct an energy audit as a first step to identify the position of energy efficiency. Sometimes, it so happens that even after knowing the particular procedure of the audit, there are many companies that are incapable to conduct an energy audit that will be effective without any external help. Since the existing regulations in industry audit are descriptive, the manufacturing companies opt for professional auditors who work in a unique way and are incomparable.
What are the Steps that are followed?
The industrial audit energy is basically a process that finds faults or can say loopholes in the production process so that the energy and raw materials can be saved. It also optimizes the complete manufacturing process and raises the profits of the company and gets prepared to face the stiff competition. The steps followed are:
• Data Collection – The first stage of the audit deals with entire process of the production as for example what is produced and which are the inputs that are used? The amount of water supplied is checked along with the amount of energy that is used. This is the main step where data is collected during a specific period and also in collaboration with the employees as they are well aware of the whole system.
• Data Processing – After the problem is defined, a team of specialists from their respective fields are created and incorporated into the audit system. All the necessary calculations are carried out by them for the different steps in manufacturing. With the help of this accurate scheme possible improvements in efficiency of energy are identified. The processing improves a pre-established production scheme that is supplemented with all the information that is acquired in the process of energy audit.
• Analysis of the Results – The analysis is done by identifying and justifying the appropriate solutions. The aim to present suggestions of exact level of energy efficiency would be to improve the manufacturing process and decreasing the consumption of energy and raw material. All the suggestions are then processed into a diagram or scheme so that a better understanding of how the changes will affect the complete manufacturing process is obtained. The analysis is also done on potential savings, investments and the impact on production process and technologies. An appropriate solution is also selected to economically justify the measures of energy efficiency.
• Recommendations for Improvement – Here the right solution is chosen based on potential savings as well as potential investments and energy efficiency measures that has an impact on the production process.
• Economic Foundations – All the suggestions regarding the efficiency of energy are justifiable due to its economic benefit. The most economical and reasonable measures of energy efficiency are chosen mainly to attract the structural funds.
The main purpose behind a successful industry energy audit would be to find out the usage of energy patterns, and the most important the amount of energy that is used and that is required.
Sharing the latest and updated news around the world.