Having a satellite phone has become a necessity nowadays for people who are in serious, demanding professions such as navy men, soldiers, combat teams, researchers and even diplomats. Satellite phones help these professionals not only in the times of distress, but also during normal operations. No wonder satellite phones have become so dispensable to people working in these professions.
However, with the passing decades, person to person communication via satellite has become even advanced and now involves using many other extra or sub-tools. Not that this has become even complicated than before, but the use of software and updating the equipment has actually given the satellite phone an edge over its previous versions.
Now coming back to the ISatPhone Pro, this one is one of the latest satellite phone models that are available to you today. It is packed with all the features that you have ideally found in a satellite phone. So you need not find anywhere else any other satellite phone model when you have the ISatPhone Pro. However, we would like you to know some important features of this phone so that you can know it better before hand.
This is more of a guide about the phone rather than the point at the point explanation of the features. But even this is going to be very helpful and in fact will show you how this phone is one of the most advanced amongst today’s satellite phones. So here is your own ISatPhone Pro guide.
• Current Firmware: The latest model works on the firmware 5.5.1 version which is the next one after 5.3.0 which was released back in February 2013.If you want, your ISatPhone Pro can work either on version 5.3 or a higher one. If your phone operates on lower versions, then your phone is going to be non-operational. You can update your phone from the official site of the manufacturer.
• Upgrading the Phone: It is mandatory to upgrade your phone from time to time. But how will you come to know if your phone is using the older version. In marsat will inform you that your phone is operating on the older version. So you can upgrade your phone to the next level. However, this would require you to install the USB drives in your phone. You will find the instructions in detail on the official website.
• Downloading USB Drivers: You will have to download USB drivers before you are going to install the contact synchronization tools and the firmware upgrade tools. In addition to that, installing the USB drivers also decreases the satellite phone’s charging time. The USB drivers are compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows version 7.
• Downloading the Global Coverage Map: Every satellite phone needs its own guidance of the areas that it covers up. The manufacturer also provides you with a comprehensive global coverage map which helps you to know the extent of the phone’s coverage. However, the manufacturer does not guarantee you that the map would be updated from time to time. You will have to download the latest map for updates.
• Multilingual Guides: The best thing about this phone is that the guides are available in multi-lingual versions. There are eight global languages from which you can choose anyone as per your preference, namely English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese and Russian.
This was like a mini ISatPhone Pro guide for you to understand what services you get to the phone. We hope this has helped you to know the ISatPhone Pro even better. So if the next time you are looking for such products do not hesitate.